Pioneering a unique interdisciplinary approach that allows students to explore multiple subjects over two weeks, combined with tailored university admissions support, Leading Education is a premium Oxford-based summer school provider for ambitious students aged 14-18.
Perfect for those who are keen to keep their academic options open and gain an invaluable ‘taster’ of several different subjects before making the all-important decision of what to study at university, students choose one academic stream and explore four subjects within it: humanities (law, politics, economics and history), STEM (engineering, maths, physics and computer science), or biomedical sciences (chemistry, psychology, biology and medicine). There’s also an opportunity to join its EPQ Bootcamp, which allows students to gain an Oxbridge-prized qualification worth half an A-level (28 ucas points) in just four weeks. All programmes include extensive tailored advice on university applications to the ‘golden triangle’ of prestigious universities in the UK, including personal statement support, admissions test practice, provision of advance reading lists and interview preparation.
Leading Education’s summer courses are residential at Wadham College, a traditional University of Oxford college founded in 1610 and situated in an enviable Central Oxford location. When you’re not enjoying an action-packed programme of extracurricular activities, sports and day trips, you’ll be able to explore beautiful Oxford’s ancient architecture, winding cobbled lanes and world-class museums and galleries!
- Interdisciplinary approach, allowing exploration of multiple subjects
- Opportunity to gain an EPQ qualification (half an A Level)
- Receive extensive university application support for ‘golden triangle’ entry
- 3 full-day trips to tourist attractions, universities and subject-specific sites
- 20 hours of tuition per week
- A choice of 3 subject areas; tuition in 4 subjects
- Option to attain EPQ qualification
- Oxford city centre location, a short walk from tourist attractions
- Recently refurbished accommodation in authentic Oxford college
- Beautiful, enclosed gardens
- Full board: three meals per day
- Formal three-course meal in atmospheric dining hall
- Two full-day trips to Cambridge and London (including university tours)
- One full-day subject-specific field trip
- Full social programme of extracurricular activities and sports
- Free airport transfers to/from Heathrow and Gatwick
- 24/7 supervision: mentors on site and available at all times
- Free WiFi
- Private airport transfers available (extra charge) if arriving outside of specified time slots
- Recently refurbished (in 2020)
- Single (private) bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Full board: three meals per day included
watch the video
Reviews & Testimonials
"Talking through the interview process was really helpful. The interviews were good practice. The Oxford student who took our sessions was really excellent and gave us lots of useful information. Other students should absolutely use Leading Education if given the opportunity." - Noah (received an offer for Classics from Oxford, 2023)
"There were lots of opportunities to answer interview questions with feedback immediately given, which was very useful to improve the structure and content of my answers. I believe the programme improved my confidence in interviews as well as my interview technique, which were both instrumental in attaining an offer from Cambridge." - Dan (received an offer for Medicine from Cambridge, 2023)
"Leading Education provided me with opportunities to improve every part of my application that I would never have otherwise received. I got the chance to have proper mock interviews on my subject and had my personal statement edited by a knowledgeable tutor. They enabled me to improve my critical thinking skills and knowledge of my subject." - Amelia (received an offer for Psychology from Cambridge, 2022)
Pros / Cons
- Fully-inclusive package
- Opportunity to do EPQ in only 4 weeks
- Explore multiple subjects
People didn't like...
- Niche subject focus
Choose this provider if....
Choose Leading Education if you’re not yet ready to commit to a single academic subject and want to explore several and keep your options open! If you’re busy planning for your future at a top UK university and would like to receive extensive, tailored university application support or are interested in gaining an Oxbridge-approved EPQ qualification worth half an A Level, leading Education is the one for you!
Oxford-based Leading Education was founded in 2017 and is focused on providing young people aged 13-18 with bespoke university applications support, and allowing its students the freedom to explore several different academic subjects on one robust programme. It’s famous for delivering exciting and immersive cultural adventures that challenge and inspire!
Bronze Standard Provider
- Year founded: 2017
- No. Students:
- Accommodation: University College
- Age Range: 14-18
- Hours of Tuition / wk: 20 / week
- Typical Duration: 2 weeks
Dates & Fees
- Fees from: £2500
- Dates: July & August 2023
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Age Range: 14-18