What you’ll learn
- By investigating and discussing global themes using various methods, students improve all four language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing), their critical thinking skills and indeed both their independent and collaborative learning.
- The global themes will excite and extend all abilities, they include Glastonbury festival of arts, climate change, the rights of child refugees, blogging, healthy lifestyles and fashion.
- Price: £3,190
- Ages: 13-17
- Duration: 1-7 weeks
- English Level: A2+ (Pre-Intermediate and Above)
- Maximum Class Size: 15
- Academic Content: 20 Hours Per Week
- Starting Dates: 30th June, 13th July, 20th July, 27th July and 3rd August 2024
- Location: Earlscliffe School, Folkestone
Earlscliffe offers students high-quality student residences. Girls and boys live in separate, supervised accommodation. Rooms are mostly twin or triple rooms and all have en-suite WC and showers. The ‘in-town’ campus means that students can walk between their classes, to meals, their accommodation, and activities with ease.
Why Choose This Course?
Students will develop in key areas through a series of skills-based workshops, lectures, independent learning, and study tours.
During the course, students will practise and improve their writing by constructing an academic essay on a topic of their choice, to help put into practice the skills that they have developed.
You will get to enhance your team-working by doing research projects in small groups with fellow students from all around the world.
Students at Earlscliffe Summer School enjoy a balanced programme including sports, arts and crafts, and cultural events. The programme is delivered across the campus and nearby sports centre facilities. Earlscliffe Summer School students will enjoy full-day trips on Wednesdays and Sundays, as well as evening trips to bowling, laser tag or the cinema.