Summer Boarding Courses
Since its foundation in 2009, Summer Boarding Courses has welcomed over 12,000 students to its summer courses in Oxford and other prestigious UK destinations. For young learners aged 13-16, SBC’s Headington Summer School offers the chance to study in one of Oxford’s most prestigious schools while learning English combined with a range of other subjects. For students aged 15-17, the Oxford College Summer school offers more intensive (25 hours tuition per week) courses in Medicine, Law, Business and International Relations. All courses have an academic focus, but it’s not all work and no play: students aged 13-16 at Headington can expect at least three excursions to local cities of interest, while those aged 15-17 in Oxford can expect at least two. All students enjoy a varied social programme, including sports and local excursions, to fill free time during the afternoons and evenings.
- One of Oxford's original summer schools, founded in 2009
- Live and study in genuine Oxford college or boarding school accommodation
- Small class sizes of maximum 15 students
- Progress report and end-of-course certificate
- Varied social programme, including at least 2 full day excursions
- Accommodation and all meals
- 15+ hours tuition (Headington) and 20+ hours tuition (Oxford College) per week
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Airport transfers
- Single, twin, or dormitory rooms
- 24 hour student support
- Shared communal spaces
- At Headington: indoor pool, sports halls, dance studio, tennis courts
watch the video
Reviews & Testimonials
The experience has been amazing overall, and I’ve had the fantastic opportunity of becoming close to people really different from me in just two weeks. I have learnt a lot since my arrival, not only in the scholastic field
Honestly, Headington was the best thing that happened to me this year, I met so many different people with different cultures. All the stuff members were amazing and so nice and supportive , I felt safe and at home here and I’m so sad to be leaving but hopefully I will be back next year
Outstanding experience! My children went to SBC’s Summer Schools over the last 4 years experiencing different locations but always the same level of quality, safety and fun!
My daughter loves the variety of activities and lessons on the courses and is looking forward to returning this summer’
Pros / Cons
- Friendly staff
- Variety of activities and topics covered
- Safe and supportive environment
People didn't like...
- Not enough student reviews available
Choose Summer Boarding Courses if...
You’re looking for a summer course with a strong emphasis on academic improvement.
Summer Boarding Courses are accredited by the British Council and recognised for the quality of the educational experience they provide. Impressively, Summer Boarding Courses is currently the only multi-campus summer school that has been awarded all 15 areas of strength in a British Council inspection. Coupled with 24 hour support, activities to develop life skills and accreditation as a Centre of Excellence by El Gazette, parents can rest assured knowing that their students are in the hands of a capable academic summer course provider.
Gold Standard Provider
- Year founded: 2009
- No. Students: Unknown
- Accommodation: University and Boarding School
- Age Range: 13-17
- Hours of Tuition / wk: 15-25
- Typical Duration: 2 weeks
Dates & Fees
- Fees from: £3300-4950 / 2 weeks
- Dates: July - August
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Age Range: 13-17