What you’ll learn
- You will take part in a whole range of exciting activities connected to Sustainable development including kayaking; paddle-boarding; cooking; sustainable farming visit; coastal expedition; and cycle tours.
- Students will develop skills through a series of skills-based workshops, lectures, independent learning, and study tours.
- During the course, students will get to enhance their academic writing skills by constructing an academic essay on a topic of the student’s choice to put into practice the skills they have developed.
- Price: £3,490
- Ages: 13-17
- Duration: 2 weeks
- English Level: B1+ (Intermediate and Above)
- Maximum Class Size: 15
- Academic Content: 20 Hours Per Week
- Starting Dates: 30th June, 13th July, 27th July 2024
- Location: Earlscliffe School, Folkestone
Earlscliffe offers students high-quality student residences. Girls and boys live in separate, supervised accommodation. Rooms are mostly twin or triple rooms and all have en-suite WC and showers. The ‘in-town’ campus means that students can walk between their classes, to meals, their accommodation, and activities with ease.
Why Choose This Course?
- Be inspired by a wide range of environmental topics from climate change, life on the coast, to locally sourced food and acquire the vocabulary to write and talk about essential issues connected to Sustainable development.
- Strengthen your discussion and debating skills by taking part in seminars, workshops and group work.
- Deepen your understanding of highly relevant topics such as global leadership and the economics of Sustainability.
- Enhance your presentation and project research skills in preparation for higher education and beyond.
Students at Earlscliffe Summer School enjoy a balanced programme including sports, arts and crafts, and cultural events. The programme is delivered across the campus and nearby sports centre facilities. Earlscliffe Summer School students will enjoy full-day trips on Wednesdays and Sundays, as well as evening trips to bowling, laser tag or the cinema.