What you’ll learn
- How to analyse the news, by navigating the 21st-century media landscape.
- To collaborate as a small media team in producing investigative journalism – by creating a school newspaper.
- Introduction to film and photography.
- Understanding the role the internet plays in our society, and how it could shape the future.
- Take part in a London media workshop with expert professionals.
- Ages: 14-17
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Price: £3,490
- Starting Dates: 30th June, 13th July, 27th July 2024
- Location: Earlscliffe, Folkestone
- English Level: B2+ (Upper-Intermediate and Above)
- Maximum Class Size: 15
- Academic Content: 20 Hours Per Week
Earlscliffe offers students high-quality student residences. Girls and boys live in separate, supervised accommodation. Rooms are mostly twin or triple rooms and all have en-suite WC and showers. The ‘in-town’ campus means that students can walk between their classes, to meals, their accommodation, and activities with ease.
Students at Earlscliffe Summer School enjoy a balanced programme including sports, arts and crafts, and cultural events. The programme is delivered across the campus and nearby sports centre facilities. Earlscliffe Summer School students will enjoy full-day trips on Wednesdays and Sundays, as well as evening trips to bowling, laser tag or the cinema.