Students on the Cambridge Prep attend one or two Sessions and choose one course per Session. Popular courses include Engineering, Medicine, International Espionage, WWII, and Psychology.
The Cambridge Prep is based at Peterhouse, the oldest college in Cambridge.
- Breakfast in Hall
- classes on topics as diverse as Studio Art or Business and Finance meet in classrooms, labs, studios, or out and about in Cambridge
- students can choose to have lunch at any local restaurants or sandwich shops in town
- three afternoons a week, classes meet again. When there is no class, they are free to join in organized activities or trips and tours in and around Cambridge
- dinner in Hall
- evening activities, events, or shows
- Access to cultural sites and local events
- extracurricular activities, workshops, and event offerings
- continuous support
- on-site staff of experienced professionals
- local meals
In Cambridge, students live in rooms that are occupied by undergraduates during the year. Students are housed in singles or doubles. Students can request a private bathroom (for a fee), on a first-come, first-served basis.
As the world teeters on the brink of ecological disaster, students are introduced to the complex sciences behind the headlines. They learn about the different disciplines that combine to make Environmental science possible, notably Atmospheric Science, Chemistry, and Ecology. Working from a range of case studies, they discover how environmental scientists assess and respond to different challenges, and learn about the benefits and disbenefits of the statutory proposals and technological solutions being touted in the public sphere, from carbon offset to electric cars, via lab-grown meat and the prospect of radical lifestyle change for everyone.
Every class is designed to use Cambridge as a teaching tool. When not in class, students have access to a full range of optional activities designed to help them discover Cambridge and immerse themselves in English life. They can go on tours of local sights, go on field trips, take part in sporting activities.