Explore. Plan. Prepare. Young Professionals is a dynamic English language course for students wishing to gain hands-on experience, essential skills, and insight into their future careers. Students will engage in a variety of academic and apprentice-style lessons taught by a diverse team of experienced tutors. Throughout lessons, Study-in-Action excursions, and weekly group projects, students will develop strong pre-career and academic knowledge whilst perfecting English fluency and learning specialized vocabulary applicable to their future careers.
- Evolve you career-related knowledge and understanding through specialized programmes delivered by professional practitioners in their industry sector
- Experience the reality of a future career path through practical application of skills in a study in action / industry setting
- Develop a broader and deeper understanding of career pathways within your chosen industry sector
- Improvement in language fluency and communication (measured using Bucksmore Assessment)
- Immersive career, language and cultural experience in the UK
- Tuition and class materials
- Extracurricular programme including excursions
- airport transfer
- personalised report card & certificate
Twin bedrooms, Separate male and female accommodation
Our pedagogical approach draws from theories of authentic learning that recognize learning is an active process. Authentic learning can be defined as a pedagogical approach that encourages exploration and meaningful discussion between students and teachers based in relevant contexts (National Research Council, 1999). We train our tutors and staff to encourage individual student exploration using real-world examples and case studies. Our curriculum incorporates multicultural concepts and ideas to foster critical thinking, self-reflection, and imagination.
The social programme is an important part of any summer school experience and is great way for students to socialise and practise their English with each other. Organised by a dedicated Activity Manager, each week students will have two full day excursions to destinations across the UK, plus an on-site activity programme.