King’s College London
Calling all high achievers! If you’re keen to work (and play!) hard, experience authentic student life at a top London university, and thrive in a global environment, then summer school at King’s College London is for you.
Experience the summer of a lifetime at an internationally renowned university that delivers exceptional education and world-leading research. You’ll learn alongside the brightest minds and experience the unique UK ‘university style’ of teaching, learning through a mixture of lectures and seminars delivered by the very best teachers. Learning is always interactive: you’ll be expected to collaborate with your fellow students on group assignments and in discussion groups, as well as through role play, simulation games and Q&A sessions with esteemed guest speakers. Choose from Business Management, International Relations, Law, Medical Science – and more!
Whilst living in dedicated student accommodation within a short walk of King’s Central London campus, you’ll be perfectly based to explore all that London has to offer with your new friends – its history and architecture, art, music and culinary scene.
Read about student experiences on the KCL summer blogs.
- Be academically challenged: learn from the very best teachers at one of the UK's top universities
- Let your hair down and discover all London has to offer with your new, international friends
- Choose from 7 diverse and dynamic academic subjects
- Experience the unique 'university-style' of interactive teaching
- Dedicated student accommodation a short walk from university campus
- 45 hours of intensive teaching delivered by world-leading experts
- A dynamic mix of seminars, lectures and interactive learning
- Talks from world-renowned guest speakers
- Accommodation: residential option or non-residential option
- On-campus activities, and excursions to popular London tourist attractions
- King’s certificate of attendance and feedback from tutors
- 24-hour programme staffing and security
- Free WiFi
- Meals are not provided; plenty of eating options on-campus and nearby
- Laundry room available to use for an extra charge
- Student accommodation a short walk from university campus (Central London)
- Single gender flats of 6-8 students with shared communal areas and kitchen
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom (bedding and towels included)
- Self-catered (make your own meals)
watch the video
Reviews & Testimonials
Summer School at King’s was not only about studying, I managed to attend lots of events and make a lot of new friends there too!
Being far from home gave me a feeling of independence and I am looking forward to going to university. The experience was truly enriching, rewarding and empowering and I believe that anyone can benefit from it!
All in all, studying in London has been one of the best experiences of my entire life and I would definitely recommend everyone to study abroad for a few weeks during the summer, since this will – without a doubt – be an experience you’ll cherish forever.
Pros / Cons
- Top London university ranked 35th worldwide and renowned for exceptional teaching
- Certificate of completion and tutor feedback provided
- Flexible accommodation: option to be residential or non-residential
People didn't like...
- Meals are not provided
- Not a huge range of courses to choose from compared to other providers
- Living in London is expensive compared to other UK cities
Choose this provider if....
Choose King’s College London if you want to be academically challenged in an international environment whilst experiencing authentic student life at a top London university. Ideal for high achieving individuals who want to make the most of their summer.
The pre-university summer school at King’s College is run by King’s College London, one of the UK’s leading universities.
Silver Standard Provider
- Year founded: 1957
- No. Students:
- Accommodation: Student accommodation close to university campus
- Age Range: 16-17
- Hours of Tuition / wk: 45 hours / 11 nights
- Typical Duration: 11 nights
Dates & Fees
- Fees from: £2475
- Dates: July
- Duration: 11 nights
- Age Range: 16-17