World Strides is a global company offering education travel experiences, including their summer courses in Oxford and Cambridge Universities. All programmes offer students the chance to live and study in Oxford or Cambridge University premises, with an impressive array of university subjects to choose from. Their programmes in Oxford and Cambridge go by different names and have separate websites, as follows:
Oxford Summer Institute (for ages 19+) and Summer in Oxford (for ages 13-19)
The Summer in Oxford and Summer Institute programmes are exclusive academic study abroad programmes that take place in one of the constituent colleges of the University of Oxford. Students live, dine and study in one of the prestigious colleges of Oxford university, experiencing life as a student in this remarkable academic setting. A variety of subjects are available in common University subjects including Law, Economics and Management, PPE (Philosophy, Politics & Economics) & International Relations, English Literature & History, STEM ( Science,Techonology, Engineering &Mathematics) and Medicine. Additional lectures are all given by faculty members from Oxford and Cambridge on a range of topics. Outside of class, a varied extracurricular programme is provided encompassing many traditional Oxford activities, such as punting, as well as excursions further afield to historic UK sites including Bath, Windsor Castle, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Blenheim Palace and Oxford’s great rival – Cambridge.
Cambridge Summer Institute (for ages 19+) and Cambridge Summer Academy (for ages 13-19)
In Cambridge, CBL offers the Cambridge Summer Institute and Cambridge Summer Academy programmes. Both offer similar subjects to their Oxford equivalents, though with some differences which make it worth checking the course list each year, and both offer a similar taste of student life in this historic city.
- Live, dine and study in an Oxford or Cambridge University college
- Study university-level subjects such as Law, PPE, Biochemistry and more
- Teaching from expert university faculty, plus guest lectures from renowned speakers
- Enjoy trips to other sites across the UK
- All tuition and class materials
- Full board accommodation
- One excursion per two-week session, plus additional cultural activities
- Welcome reception & Farewell dinner
- Free WiFi
- Accommodation in a single room with shared bathroom facilities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner from Monday to Friday in beautiful college dining halls. Breakfast will be also served on weekends
watch the video
Reviews & Testimonials
Pros / Cons
- An exclusive summer school in a genuine University environment
- Significant emphasis on quality of tutoring faculty
- Interesting range of university-style subjects to choose from
- The course can be converted to college credits
People didn't like...
- Comprehensive travel insurance not included
- Websites are not easy to navigate
- Student reviews not easy to find
Choose this provider if...
You want an exclusive taste of life at Oxford or Cambridge University in a small group.
The Summer Institute is organised and run by CBL International and World Strides. CBL International Education offers academic study abroad courses, executive seminars, summer institutes, and summer schools for international students and professionals as well as tailor-made programmes for universities, law schools, business schools, and faculties of economics, philosophy, international relations, international politics, and language as well as cultural studies.
Silver Standard Provider
- Year founded: 2009
- No. Students: Unknown
- Accommodation: University
- Age Range: 13-19+
- Hours of Tuition / wk: 15+
- Typical Duration: 2 weeks
Dates & Fees
- Fees from: £3600
- Dates: June - August
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Age Range: 13-19+