St Andrews University
Do something amazing this summer: take the initiative in your personal development and experience academic life at one of the UK’s oldest and highest-ranking institutions. Welcome to summer school at the University of St Andrews!
Respected worldwide for its teaching and research excellence, St Andrews offers cutting-edge facilities, its own theatre and a library that houses over a million books. In its rich 600-year history, it has welcomed thousands of high-achieving international students and boasts some very distinguished alumni, including Prince William and Princess Kate of Wales, the future King and Queen of England.
During your summer at St Andrews, you’ll live in real student accommodation in traditional halls and experience dynamic courses taught in the Scottish tradition by current academics of the university itself, whilst also developing your academic research and writing skills. Outside of class, you’ll fall in love with St Andrews, the small Scottish town with a big heart. Known for its medieval ruins, idyllic white sand beaches and for being the home of golf, it’s also a true university town, with a population that’s an equal mix of students and friendly locals.
- Highly respected Scottish university that holds its own against Oxbridge and boasts a 600 year history
- Famous alumni include Prince William and Princess Kate of Wales (the future King and Queen of England)
- Beautiful and safe Scottish seaside town with beaches, castles and friendly locals
- Exceptional teaching in the traditional style from current St Andrews academics
- On-campus university accommodation at one of two historic halls
- Exceptional teaching delivered by leading St Andrews academics
- Choose from specialised courses such as Sustainable Development or Psychology and Neuroscience
- All course reading material, including lab and sports equipment
- Access to the university's facilities, including its library and sports centre
- Full board: three meals per day provided
- Transportation to and from the airport
- All cultural and social activities, field trips and guest speakers
- Activities including yoga, table tennis, Zumba and beach volleyball
- A full day trip to the city of Edinburgh
- Entertainment, including traditional Scottish dancing, debate and a talent show
- 24-hour security
- Free WiFi
- Laundry service is an extra charge
- University accommodation at one of two historic halls (walking distance to town centre)
- Three meals per day provided (breakfast and dinner in the dining hall, and a packed lunch for flexibility)
- Single bedrooms with en-suite or shared bathroom (dependent on availability)
watch the video
Reviews & Testimonials
Pros / Cons
- Fully all-inclusive programme for easier organisation
- Top UK university with a 600 year history - an alternative to Oxbridge
- Friendly Scottish town that may be considered safer and less intimidating than a large city
People didn't like...
- St Andrews is a small town that lacks the world-famous tourist attractions that a bigger city has
- Scotland can be colder compared to the rest of the UK!
Choose this provider if....
Choose St Andrews if you’re looking for something a little different and would rather be in a beautiful and down-to-Earth Scottish seaside town than in a big city. You’re looking for academic excellence at an institution that holds its own against Oxbridge and provides a fully-inclusive summer school with all the details taken care of for you.
Silver Standard Provider
- Year founded: 1413
- No. Students: 10,000
- Accommodation: University halls of residence
- Age Range: 16-18
- Hours of Tuition / wk:
- Typical Duration: 3 weeks
Dates & Fees
- Fees from: £4800
- Dates: 8th-29th July 2023
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Age Range: 16-18