The IELTS preparation programme is for students planning to take the IELTS examination, finetuning their English language skills and preparation for IELTS. The programme provides language support, as well as developing key insights and knowledge surrounding the IELTS examination content, marking criteria and examination skills, with a biweekly in-house IELTS mock examination and one-to-one tailored feedback from our IELTS experts. At the end of the course, students have the option to take the IELTS examination.
- Build language skills and confidence across multiple areas of English language
- Develop key insights and knowledge surrounding the IELTS examination content, marking criteria and examination skills
- Examination techniques across Speaking, Listening and Reading and Writing papers
- Confidence and firm ability to take the IELTS exam and achieve the required level
- Tuition and class materials
- Extracurricular programme including excursions
- airport transfer
- personalised report card & certificate
Single bedrooms, Separate male and female accommodation, ensuite bathrooms
Build language skills and confidence across multiple areas of English language. Develop a solid understanding of the IELTS exam content and marking criteria. Practice examination techniques across Speaking, Listening and Reading and Writing papers . Build your confidence and firm ability to take the IELTS exam and achieve the required level.
Our pedagogical approach draws from theories of authentic learning that recognize learning is an active process. Authentic learning can be defined as a pedagogical approach that encourages exploration and meaningful discussion between students and teachers based in relevant contexts (National Research Council, 1999). We train our tutors and staff to encourage individual student exploration using real-world examples and case studies. Our curriculum incorporates multicultural concepts and ideas to foster critical thinking, self-reflection, and imagination.
The social programme is an important part of any summer school experience and is great way for students to socialise and practise their English with each other. Organised by a dedicated Activity Manager, each week students will have two full day excursions to destinations across the UK, plus an on-site activity programme.