LMH Summer Programmes
A popular and academically challenging summer school run by Lady Margaret Hall, a traditional college of the University of Oxford itself, this is a highly-coveted opportunity for students to fully immerse themselves in behind-the-scenes Oxford university life.
Offering an exciting range of intellectually-demanding courses all designed and delivered by experienced academics of the University of Oxford, it follows the University’s unique teaching methods which centre on personalised intellectual discussion in small classes, fostering critical thinking, communication and reasoning skills. Choose from courses such as Globalisation, Populism, and Identity, or Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning – and many more!
Students will make themselves at home at LMH’s beautiful college campus in verdant north Oxford, set in 12 acres of gardens but still just a short walk into the buzzing and historic city of Oxford. Outside of classes, students will quickly make new friends whilst enjoying an action-packed cultural and social programme that includes the quintessential Oxford experience of punting along the River Cherwell, as well as a very special formal banquet in the college dining hall.
- Live in a traditional, beautiful college of the University of Oxford
- Outstanding courses designed and delivered by esteemed university academics
- Receive weekly assessments and a final grade that can be used as academic credit at home
- Enjoy quintessential Oxford experiences, including punting and a formal banquet dinner
- Receive a Programme Certificate and Transcript from an Oxford College
- Make friends and have fun as part of a diverse international cohort of ambitious and intellectually curious students
- 33 hours of stimulating core tuition over three weeks
- Full board: breakfast every day, lunch and dinner on weekdays
- Weekly evening talks from impressive cross-industry guest speakers
- Access to the Lady Margaret Hall college library - it has 75,000 books!
- Formal graduation banquet dinner in a traditional college dining hall setting
- Dynamic cultural and social programme
- Two day trips to other popular UK cities such as Bath, Bristol or London
- Punting on the picturesque River Cherwell
- Personal skills sessions - including public speaking and presentation skills, leadership, debate and exam techniques
- Weekly assessments, final grade and certificate
- Eligible for academic credit: transcript of assessed work sent to home institution
- All courses are alternatively available to take online
- Student accommodation at LMH, a University of Oxford college
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided
Reviews & Testimonials
LMH is such an unbelievably welcoming college. It really is a home away from home because the people just make you feel like you’re exactly where you’re meant to be. The grounds are gorgeous!
LMH is a really welcoming, relaxed college that feels like a home away from home. As the college is a little further away from the city centre than most other colleges, there is a real community feel. Everybody is so friendly and down to earth!
I enjoyed learning about people and politics of a different time and place and thinking critically about narratives or arguments when I'm writing my essays. Overall, it has made me a sharper thinker and more inquisitive person; I also appreciate how inspirational and supportive my tutors have been!
My favourite thing about LMH, beyond the wonderful people, are the incredible gardens that we are blessed to have. As for Oxford, the best aspect is probably the architecture which it is hard to believe is part of the university you attend sometimes.
- Very well established: founded in 1878
- Part of the University of Oxford itself
- Innovative specialist academic subjects
People didn't like...
- May be too academically challenging for some students (minimum grade entry requirement)
- Only 7 subjects to choose from
Choose this provider if....
Choose LMH if you’re looking for a summer school that will challenge you, as well as the opportunity to experience quintessential student life at the University of Oxford, learning from the very best academics and industry experts alongside like-minded international peers. Ideal for students who have a specific subject in mind who want to explore it in more depth.
Founded in 1878, LMH is an official college of the University of Oxford itself and has a pioneering history. Its popular summer programmes are taught by leading academics who use the University’s unique teaching methods.
Gold Standard Provider
- Year founded: 1878
- No. Students: 50
- Accommodation: University college
- Age Range: 18+
- Hours of Tuition / wk: 11 hrs / week
- Typical Duration: 3 weeks
Dates & Fees
- Fees from: £3725
- Dates: June-August
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Age Range: 18+