Psychology examines the mind, behaviour and experience, through both scientific research and conceptual theorising. From Freudian psychoanalysis to the latest advances in brain-scanning, Psychology addresses the question of what it is to be human through a focus on the way we think and act.
Requiring both rigorous scientific method and profoundly open thought, no other subject addresses both the Sciences and the Humanities in quite the same way. Our Psychology course aims to provide students with a broad and engaging introduction to the many different areas of the discipline that can be pursued at university level.
From the workings of cognition to the ethics and methodology of psychological research, it will leave students with a firm understanding of the many varied strands which make up this heterogeneous subject.
Whether delving into the nature of memory or examining the mainsprings of obedience and authority, students will be invited to consider the fundamental questions of Psychology and encouraged to contribute their own opinions to discussion.
The course will touch upon a wide range of research areas such as cognitive psychology, behaviourism, social psychology, neuroscience, bio-psychology, psychopathology and developmental psychology. If you have ever wondered how the brain works, how society influences the individual, why people obey others, how the mind develops through childhood, or what constitutes personality, this is the course for you.
If you are driven to study Psychology at University or if you just have real curiosity for questions such as these, the Reach Cambridge Psychology course will provide an ideal academic experience.
- Academic excellence is at the heart of our programs - learn from experts in their field
- Inspiring surroundings: Cambridge, one of the world's oldest university cities, inspires students to aspire to greatness amongst other renowned brilliant minds
- Discover the UK and take fun excursions
- A true international experience - meet friends from all around the world and learn about new cultures
- The perfect balance:At Reach, we nurture independence, fostering self-trust, friendship, and personal growth
- Accommodation in University Colleges
- 24-hour onsite supervision & Dedicated Welfare Staff
- 20 hours of academic tuition per week
- Guest Lectures by leading academics on global themes & University Life
- Practical workshops, including leadership, interview skills, and public speaking
- Two meals a day
- Fun, inclusive & exciting activities and events every afternoon and evening
- 2 coach excursions to exciting cultural highlights in the UK.
Reach Cambridge students experience a real taste of student living in one of the world’s most famous and historic university cities. All students reside in college accommodation of one of the 31 colleges that make up the University of Cambridge. Students are accommodated in same-sex dormitories of single or shared rooms.
Taught by expert academics, practising professionals and inspirational teachers, Reach courses are stimulating, challenging and unique, exposing students to the latest innovation and research. At the end of their course, students receive a certificate of completion.
Throughout the summer students have the opportunity to discover parts of the UK outside Cambridge through fully guided trips to London, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Ely, and more. Each trip is organised around inspiring cultural activities – like walking tours of some of London’s most historic districts, taking in a play, or visiting one of the UK’s most impressive medieval castles.