Whether passionate about human biology, intrigued by medical technology or driven to become a doctor, the Reach Cambridge Medicine & Life Science Course is the ideal summer course for you.
This course offers a unique combination of lectures, practicals, and excursions led by a variety of experienced, successful academics, as well as Cambridge alumni working in the highest tiers of their fields. The course introduces students to a range of subjects taught by scientists at the cutting edge of biological and medical research, inviting them to explore the most interesting areas of medicine and life science such as anatomy, trauma & emergency, pharmacology, physiology and biological and medical research. As a part of academic enrichment, students are exposed to the latest scientific innovations, and to the research and development work that is carried out before a product/test is released into the market. Students will have a fantastic opportunity to explore contemporary medical issues in a supportive academic environment via a mixture of dynamic classes, guest lectures, interactive workshops and practical tasks including conducting an electroencephalogram (EEG), Medical Observations and emergency resuscitation. It is a perfect course for those considering a future in medicine or science!
- Academic excellence is at the heart of our programs - learn from experts in their field
- Inspiring surroundings: Cambridge, one of the world's oldest university cities, inspires students to aspire to greatness amongst other renowned brilliant minds
- Discover the UK and take fun excursions
- A true international experience - meet friends from all around the world and learn about new cultures
- The perfect balance:At Reach, we nurture independence, fostering self-trust, friendship, and personal growth
- Accommodation in University Colleges
- 24-hour onsite supervision & Dedicated Welfare Staff
- 20 hours of academic tuition per week
- Guest Lectures by leading academics on global themes & University Life
- Practical workshops, including leadership, interview skills, and public speaking
- Two meals a day
- Fun, inclusive & exciting activities and events every afternoon and evening
- 2 coach excursions to exciting cultural highlights in the UK.
Reach Cambridge students experience a real taste of student living in one of the world’s most famous and historic university cities. All students reside in college accommodation of one of the 31 colleges that make up the University of Cambridge. Students are accommodated in same-sex dormitories of single or shared rooms.
Taught by expert academics, practising professionals and inspirational teachers, Reach courses are stimulating, challenging and unique, exposing students to the latest innovation and research. At the end of their course, students receive a certificate of completion.
Throughout the summer students have the opportunity to discover parts of the UK outside Cambridge through fully guided trips to London, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Ely, and more. Each trip is organised around inspiring cultural activities – like walking tours of some of London’s most historic districts, taking in a play, or visiting one of the UK’s most impressive medieval castles.