Reach is one of the few summer schools able to offer the Ontario credit courses thanks to our long-term partnership with fully accredited Canadian teachers. This enables students the opportunity to gain their Canadian Credit in Grade 12 English during the summer. This will be achieved through a combination of online teaching in late June (both synchronous and asynchronous online teaching) followed by 2 weeks of classes in Cambridge from 2nd – 15th July.
This course emphasizes the consolidation of the literacy, communication, and critical and creative thinking skills necessary for success in academic and daily life. Students will analyse a range of challenging literary texts from various periods, countries, and cultures; interpret and evaluate informational and graphic texts; and create oral, written, and media texts in a variety of forms. An important focus will be on using academic language coherently and confidently, selecting the reading strategies best suited to particular texts and particular purposes for reading, and developing greater control in writing.
Students will be required to do research assignments on a variety of topics and will be encouraged to use the web as a source of information.
- Academic excellence is at the heart of our programs - learn from experts in their field Inspiring surroundings: Cambridge, one of the world's oldest university cities, inspires students to aspire to greatness amongst other renowned brilliant minds Discover the UK and take fun excursions A true international experience
- meet friends from all around the world and learn about new cultures The perfect balance:At Reach, we nurture independence, fostering self-trust, friendship, and personal growth
- Accommodation in University Colleges
- 24-hour onsite supervision & Dedicated Welfare Staff
- 20 hours of academic tuition per week
- Guest Lectures by leading academics on global themes & University Life
- Practical workshops, including leadership, interview skills, and public speaking
- Two meals a day
- Fun, inclusive & exciting activities and events every afternoon and evening
- 2 coach excursions to exciting cultural highlights in the UK.
Reach Cambridge students experience a real taste of student living in one of the world’s most famous and historic university cities. All students reside in college accommodation of one of the 31 colleges that make up the University of Cambridge. Students are accommodated in same-sex dormitories of single or shared rooms.
Taught by expert academics, practising professionals and inspirational teachers, Reach courses are stimulating, challenging and unique, exposing students to the latest innovation and research. At the end of their course, students receive a certificate of completion.
Throughout the summer students have the opportunity to discover parts of the UK outside Cambridge through fully guided trips to London, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Ely, and more. Each trip is organised around inspiring cultural activities – like walking tours of some of London’s most historic districts, taking in a play, or visiting one of the UK’s most impressive medieval castles.