Adopt the techniques and production tools you need to execute your finest creative vision. Our Media Studies course teaches you the origins of modern media, explores how to communicate ideas and encourages you to think critically about the reactions it provokes. Learn how films, TV shows and games are made and the impact certain genres and topics have on mass audiences. Study solo and collaborate in small groups for a mix of individual and interactive learning.
- Tutorials with qualified academics
- Live at a historic academic setting
- Enjoy social activities and day trips
- Benefit from small class sizes with engaging, expert tutors.
- All teaching, including tutorials (1 or 2 students per tutor), small group seminars (8 students or less) and skills development workshops
- Accommodation and breakfast every day
- All evening meals including those at local restaurants
- A graduation ceremony
- All programmed visits and excursions
- Airport transfers (UK courses only and conditions apply)
- Access to Oxford Summer Courses Foundations
When you apply to study at our Cambridge Summer School with Oxford Summer Courses, you'll have the choice of staying in a standard room (shared bathroom) or an en-suite room (private bathroom), depending on availability. Our expert team will assign you to one of the prestigious Cambridge colleges where our Cambridge Summer Schools are hosted. Additionally, common spaces are available at all sites, providing you with a place to socialise and relax.
Learning in a small group (no more than 8 students and often fewer) means that you get quality time with your teacher and ask as many questions as you like! Through interactive learning, our teachers will guide you through new concepts and assign you practice tasks to build your knowledge and skills. You will also have an opportunity for group work, independent research, and homework assignments to be discussed in class. Small classes mean everyone gets to have their say, and students learn from debating with one another, as well as from their tutor.