Oxford Science Studies
Part of Oxford International College, Oxford Science Studies (OXSS) offers its popular revision courses as a summer school package, with students able to book for either 1, 2 or 3 weeks. Students live in one of the boarding houses at St Edward’s School in Oxford, and may request a shared or single room with shared bathrooms. Boarding houses are split by gender and, where possible, floors are split by age group.
OXSS’ revision courses provide the perfect chance to get a head start on new material, key if you are moving from GCSE or IGCSE up to IB or A Level, where the difference in content and knowledge required can be quite substantial. OXSS also recognises that summer is supposed to be fun, with plenty of sports and activities available outside of class.
Provisional Dates for 2023:
- Week 1 – Monday 24th to Friday 28th July
- Week 2 – Monday 31st July to Friday 4th August
- Week 3 – Monday 7th to Friday 11th August
- £995 per week, day only
- £1,395 per week, residential
- Live and study in St Edward's School, a prestigious boarding school
- Embark on a tailored revision programme for your exams, in small classes of max 6
- Enjoy fun cultural trips around Oxford!
- Accommodation and all meals (weeknights only)
- All class materials and lessons
- Extracurricular activities
- Weekend accommodation
- Single or shared, with shared bathrooms
- Free WiFi on campus
watch the video
Reviews & Testimonials
They are a very professional, responsive and flexible tuition provider. They carefully listen to and understand your exact requirements and tailor their provision to meet the students needs. Would thoroughly recommend.
OSS has been a fantastic resource for our son. Personalized tuition focusing on the areas where he needs help.
Wonderful experience! Excellent revision - Jad enjoyed every moment during the Easter revision in and outside the classroom! Thank you
Pros / Cons
- A chance to focus on intensive revision while enjoying Oxford
- Excellent parent reviews
People didn't like...
- Less of an Oxbridge experience than other summer schools
Choose Oxford Science Studies if you want to focus on preparing for your exams in small class sizes while living in one of Oxford’s most prestigious boarding schools.
Founded in 1997, Oxford Science Studies was initially set up by academics with a strong interest in education. As the name suggests, Oxford Science Studies originated as specialists in Science, though have expanded over the years and are now revision specialists for the majority of subjects. Focusing solely on its courses, Oxford Science Studies are experts at organising tailor-made revision courses, available during the Half Term and holiday periods to allow students the opportunity for continued growth and consolidation of knowledge, believing it fundamental to revise as you go, rather than leaving it all to the last minute.
Silver Standard Provider
- Year founded: 1997
- No. Students: 50+
- Accommodation: Boarding School
- Age Range: 14+
- Hours of Tuition / wk: 15+
- Typical Duration: 1 Week
Dates & Fees
- Fees from: £1395
- Dates: July - August
- Duration: 1 Week
- Age Range: 14+