ISSOS International’s programs in Cambridge and St Andrews have all the key ingredients for an exemplary summer school: its fully-inclusive three-week programmes are well-balanced between academia and fun, its expert faculty is second-to-none, and its setting in the beautiful grounds of the University of Cambridge and University of St Andrews is nothing short of inspirational. Its 45% student return rate says it all!
With an emphasis on broad-based learning opportunities (students choose both academic and elective classes) in a safe, nurturing environment, students will enjoy first-class learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure whilst living in a historic university setting.
ISSOS is proud of its diversity. Boasting student representation from over 80 different countries, with native and non-native English speakers mixed evenly and a 10% cap on each nationality, it creates a truly international family and fosters lifelong friendships.
- Diverse student body of 80+ nationalities
- Live like a real student at a traditional University of Cambridge college
- Fully-inclusive, including insurance and airport transfers
- Learn from the very best academics and leading experts
- Fully-inclusive 3-week residential programme
- 45 hours of academic tuition and 36 hours of elective tuition
- Choose one academic subject from 5 options and one elective subject from 4 options
- Accommodation in a beautiful University of Cambridge college
- All meals (full board)
- Join a ‘clan’ and compete in team challenges; including debates, dodgeball and olympics, Scottish country dancing…and many more!
- Evening events, cultural activities and workshops
- Visit Oxford and Windsor on group day trips
- Formal ISSOS awards ceremony
- Full academic report and completion certificate
- Group supervised transport between airport and ISSOS campus
- Medical and travel insurance
- All course materials and equipment
- ISSOS clothing and branded merchandise
- Participation in the much anticipated ISSOS Highland Games!
- Private airport transfer service available for an extra charge
- University campus accommodation
- Single or shared bedroom on single sex corridor
- All meals included (full board)
watch the video
Reviews & Testimonials
ISSOS has been an amazing experience for me and a memory I will cherish forever. I discovered my passions and made friends from all over the world.
The summers that I spent at ISSOS were the best summers of my life. I met incredible people that I’ll never forget. Every minute I spent at ISSOS was priceless and filled with joy, happiness and laughter, and I will forever be grateful to be part of the ISSOS family.
I made friends that I know will last a lifetime and all of that wouldn’t have been possible without ISSOS. The two summers I spent there were the best of my life, no doubt. I am grateful to everyone that I met.
ISSOS has allowed me to express myself in ways which I never thought I could before. I interacted with people from many different cultures, learned with top teachers and mentors, and made life-lasting friends. ISSOS is more than just a summer camp I attended, it’s a place I can call home.
Pros / Cons
- Includes a lot of added extras such as insurance and airport transfers
- Guaranteed diversity: places are limited to 10% of students from any one nationality
- Great balance: choose one academic and one elective
- 45% student return rate
People didn't like...
- Does not offer a large selection of courses to choose from
- Courses are all 3 weeks in length
- One of the most expensive summer schools
Choose this provider if....
Choose ISSOS International if you’re looking for a slightly longer, well-balanced and reputable summer programme that is part of a fully-inclusive package with a lot of added extras – they’ve really thought of everything!
Accredited by the British Association Council, ISSOS offers three-week fully-inclusive experiences for students aged 13-18. Students live at a traditional University of Cambridge college or in the University of St Andrews, and enjoy a robust programme of academic classes as well as exciting excursions and activities. Academic subjects on offer include Business and English Language, and electives include Theatre and Tennis.
Gold Standard Provider
- Year founded: 2005
- No. Students: 600
- Accommodation: University Accommodation
- Age Range: 13-18
- Hours of Tuition / wk: 45 hours of academic tuition and 36 hours of elective tuition / 3-weeks
- Typical Duration: 3 weeks
Dates & Fees
- Fees from: £6900
- Dates: June-August
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Age Range: 13-18