Great stories don’t just happen by chance. You need to know how to create a character, structure a plot, and grab the reader’s attention then keep it page after page. Learn how to do all that on our engaging Story Explorers course. We’ll teach you how to immerse an audience and craft characters. You might create interactive adventure with comic strips, look at the role of photos and podcasts in modern narration or take inspiration from Britain’s best-loved authors. Ready for chapter one?
- Tutorials with qualified academics
- Live at a historic academic setting
- Enjoy social activities and day trips
- Benefit from small class sizes with engaging, expert tutors.
- All teaching, including tutorials (1 or 2 students per tutor), small group seminars (8 students or less) and skills development workshops
- Accommodation and breakfast every day
- All evening meals including those at local restaurants
- A graduation ceremony
- All programmed visits and excursions
- Airport transfers (UK courses only and conditions apply)
- Access to Oxford Summer Courses Foundations
Students will be staying in secure dormitories in the Boarding Houses close to the main school buildings. Each House has space for play, quiet relaxation and for sharing TV and DVD viewing. Bedrooms are cosy, shared amongst course mates, with staff available 24/7 in the corridors nearby.
Our teaching for 9-10-year-old students is focused on interactive and task-based learning. You will be taught by experienced primary teachers, who are there to inspire and engage you with the subjects they are passionate about. Our courses run over a week, and during this time you will develop your subject knowledge through multimedia presentations, group work, games, problem-solving, and project work with a meaningful real-life focus.
At Oxford Summer Courses, we believe in balancing hard work with exciting excursions. We know what trips will inspire students and keep their young minds active and entertained, so whether we’re trekking around Windsor Castle, exploring the epic Blenheim Palace, or marvelling at the spectacular artefacts in London's best kept museums, we’re always pushing the envelope of discovery and wonder.