Great stories don’t just happen by chance. You need to know how to create a character, structure a plot, and grab the reader’s attention then keep it page after page. Learn how to do all that on our engaging Story Explorers course. We’ll teach you how to immerse an audience and craft characters. You might create interactive adventure with comic strips, look at the role of photos and podcasts in modern narration or take inspiration from Britain’s best-loved authors. Ready for chapter one?
- Tutorials with qualified academics
- Live at a historic academic setting
- Enjoy social activities and day trips
- Benefit from small class sizes with engaging, expert tutors.
- All teaching, including tutorials (1 or 2 students per tutor), small group seminars (8 students or less) and skills development workshops
- Accommodation and breakfast every day
- All evening meals including those at local restaurants
- A graduation ceremony
- All programmed visits and excursions
- Airport transfers (UK courses only and conditions apply)
- Access to Oxford Summer Courses Foundations
When you apply to study at our Juniors Summer School with Oxford Summer Courses, you'll have the choice of staying in a private or shared room, depending on availability. Our expert team will assign you to one of the prestigious boarding schools where our Junior Summer Schools take place. Our dedicated DBS-checked staff are accessible around the clock in nearby corridors, and parents will receive regular communications, ensuring your child's comfort and safety.
Our teaching for 11-12-year-old students is focused on interactive and task-based learning. You will be taught by experienced primary teachers, who are there to inspire and engage you with the subjects they are passionate about. Our courses run over a week, and during this time you will develop your subject knowledge through multimedia presentations, group work, games, problem-solving, and project work with a meaningful real-life focus. This teaching style has an increased focus on age-appropriate content and offers more opportunities for independent group work than our 9-10 courses.