From the romantic poets of yesteryear to contemporary writers of today, every piece of literature, prose and poetry had a symbolic meaning and a message to be interpreted. Learn how to demystify them on our fascinating English Literature course. We’ll explore the works of writers such as William Wordsworth, George Eliot, Virginia Woolf and Ali Smith for a diverse range of styles and contexts. We’ll help you to build your creative expertise and enjoy every word along the way.
- Tutorials with qualified academics
- Live at a historic academic setting
- Enjoy social activities and day trips
- Benefit from small class sizes with engaging, expert tutors.
- All teaching, including tutorials (1 or 2 students per tutor), small group seminars (8 students or less) and skills development workshops
- Accommodation and breakfast every day
- All evening meals including those at local restaurants
- A graduation ceremony
- All programmed visits and excursions
- Airport transfers (UK courses only and conditions apply)
- Access to Oxford Summer Courses Foundations
When you apply to study at our Oxford Summer School with Oxford Summer Courses, you'll have the choice of staying in a standard room (shared bathroom) or an en-suite room (private bathroom), depending on availability. Our expert team will assign you to one of the prestigious Oxford colleges where our Oxford Summer Schools are hosted. Additionally, common spaces are available at all sites, providing you with a place to socialise and relax.
Learn the Oxford way with tutorial-style teaching. Your expert tutor will foster self-directed learning and critical thinking through interactive seminars in small groups (no bigger than 8). During your course, you will complete two pieces of independent work (essays or problem sheets), which your tutor will then evaluate in either a 1:1 or 2:1 tutorial. Tutorials will provide you with the opportunity to discuss your work and feedback with your tutor and learn new perspectives from your classmates. On completion of the course, you'll receive a certificate and letter of recommendation from your tutor.