How do all the creatures and plants that surround us adapt to their environments? How do you prevent disease? What would happen if microorganisms were no longer there?” Answer all the questions that inspire your curiosity and build on your existing knowledge on our insightful Biology course. From genetic mutation and negative selection to the dynamics of predation, we cover the field your tutor knows best for a comprehensive, immersive learning experience that mixes solo research, group interaction and case study analysis for the greatest results and enjoyment.
- Tutorials with qualified academics
- Live at a historic academic setting
- Enjoy social activities and day trips
- Benefit from small class sizes with engaging, expert tutors.
- All teaching, including tutorials (1 or 2 students per tutor), small group seminars (8 students or less) and skills development workshops
- Accommodation and breakfast every day
- All evening meals including those at local restaurants
- A graduation ceremony
- All programmed visits and excursions
- Airport transfers (UK courses only and conditions apply)
- Access to Oxford Summer Courses Foundations
All of the accommodation in Oxford is based within Oxford University college grounds, and the beautiful buildings that date back in some cases to the 13th century, present a real sense of the traditional university. Although the bedrooms have been appropriately modernised, they remain in-keeping with the college surroundings with lots of character and charm. Accommodating full-time students during term time, the rooms are practical and usually have some desk space for quiet study time. Each corridor houses a pastoral member of staff, who oversees students throughout the night. We are able to offer twin or single bedrooms with either shared or private bathroom facilities.
Learn the Oxford way with tutorial-style teaching. Your expert tutor will foster self-directed learning and critical thinking through interactive seminars in small groups (no bigger than 8). During your course, you will complete two pieces of independent work (essays or problem sheets), which your tutor will then evaluate in either a 1:1 or 2:1 tutorial. Tutorials will provide you with the opportunity to discuss your work and feedback with your tutor and learn new perspectives from your classmates. On completion of the course, you'll receive a certificate and letter of recommendation from your tutor.
You’ll have time to explore Oxford for yourself, as well as forging new friendships for the future, and there’s an action-packed programme of social activities, field trips and excursions to help bring your learning to life. We might even head to London for the day.