S’appuyant sur les grandes collections parisiennes – le Louvre, Orsay, Rodin, Pompidou – les élèves apprennent à lire, décrire et évaluer une oeuvre d’art, leur permettant de comprendre le processus créateur de l’artiste ainsi que les réactions souvent violentes que l’oeuvre peut avoir suscitées. Le cours couvre tous les grands mouvements artistiques.
Oxbridge in Paris takes place in the Lycée Notre-Dame de Sion, a top private school in the 6th arrondissement, adjacent to the Luxembourg Gardens.
- Breakfast in the dining hall
- classes on topics as diverse as Art History or Medicine meet in classrooms, labs, studios, or out and about in Paris
- students can choose to have lunch at any local restaurants or sandwich shops in town
- three afternoons a week, classes meet again. When there is no class, they are free to join in organized activities or trips and tours in and around Paris
- dinner in the dining hall
- evening activities, events, or shows
- Access to cultural sites and local events
- extracurricular activities, workshops, and event offerings
- continuous support
- on-site staff of experienced professionals
- local meals
In Paris, students stay in a centrally located boarding school and are housed in either single or double dorm-style rooms. They have access to shared facilities.
Students on the Oxbridge in Paris program choose one Major course and one Minor course to study for the month. They have the option of studying in English or French.
Every class is designed to use Paris as a teaching tool. When students are not in class, they have access to a full range of optional activities designed to help them discover Paris and immerse themselves in French life.