Students on the Cambridge Tradition attend one or two Sessions and choose one course per Session. Popular courses include Aerospace Engineering, Astronomy and Astrophysics, International Espionage, Medicine, and Psychology.
The Cambridge Tradition is based at Jesus College, whose buildings date back to the twelfth century, and counts notable figures such as Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Thomas Cranmer, and Prince Edward among its alumni.
- Breakfast in Hall
- classes on topics as diverse as Studio Art or Business and Finance meet in classrooms, labs, studios, or out and about in Cambridge
- students can choose to have lunch at any local restaurants or sandwich shops in town
- three afternoons a week, classes meet again. When there is no class, they are free to join in organized activities or trips and tours in and around Cambridge
- dinner in Hall
- evening activities, events, or shows
- Access to cultural sites and local events
- extracurricular activities, workshops, and event offerings
- continuous support
- on-site staff of experienced professionals
- local meals
In Cambridge, students live in rooms that are occupied by undergraduates during the year. Students are housed in singles or doubles. Students can request a private bathroom (for a fee), on a first-come, first-served basis.
Aerospace Engineering is quite literally "rocket science!" Participants examine the disciplines most important to the industry, including aerodynamics, electronics, mechanics, operations systems, statistics, and thermodynamics. The course culminates with the replication of real design offices of aircraft and spacecraft companies. Students go through every stage in the creation of a new vehicle, including aerodynamic profiling, engine sizing, and structural design.
Every class is designed to use Cambridge as a teaching tool. When not in class, students have access to a full range of optional activities designed to help them discover Cambridge and immerse themselves in English life. They can go on tours of local sights, go on field trips, take part in sporting activities.