Debate is a highly useful academic skill that gives students an advantage both in school and when applying to top universities. The ISSOS Debate programme will cover everything from the most basic of introductions and public speaking techniques, to advanced argument structures and theories.
- Acquire the ability and confidence to communicate effectively
- Learn techniques from leading debate coaches
- Take part in energetic debates on exciting contemporary issues
- Gain knowledge of a wide range of subject areas
- Learn to form arguments and improve essay structure
- Grow in confidence and self-esteem
- Debate at the historic debating chambers of the University of St Andrews and Yale University
- 42 hours of tuition (3 hours a day, 5 days a week) Pair this class with one of our exciting elective options
- We offer an all-inclusive 3-week residential stay at one of our exclusive University locations for students between the ages of 13 - 18
- Students choose one Academic and one Elective option from the progamme.
- Everyone takes part in exciting activities, evening programmes and cultural trips.
- Each nationality is limited to 10% of the total intake of students to ensure a truly international experience.
All of our students are housed in the University halls of residence, in an area exclusive to ISSOS, where the student groups are divided by gender and also by age range. Each student will be allocated a shared or single room. The majority of rooms in our accommodation are shared, but any students who require a single, or shared, room for medical reasons will be given priority when we allocate rooms. All students in shared rooms will be sharing with someone of the same age and gender. Their roommate will be of a different nationality to them and they will not be sharing with someone they already know.
Students choose one academic subject, which they will pair with one of our elective classes, to focus on for the 3 weeks at ISSOS. All academic classes meet for 3 hours each weekday morning and are taught by our highly qualified team of teaching staff who are all experienced, working professionals in their subject areas.
During their three weeks at our campuses, outside of their classes, we provide an action packed and fun filled programme of events and immerse our students in the UK and USA's rich and unique culture and introduce them to some of its best-loved landmarks, towns and cities.