Our 3-week creative writing summer school programme helps students build their writing skills through a range of projects including short stories, essays and poetry, to help them discover their own creative voice.
- Expert tuition from a published writer
- Benefits all areas of schoolwork through improved writing structure
- Regular writing practice and balanced critical evaluation to refine skills
- Builds confidence and communication skills
- Boosts imagination and develops clarity of thought
- Lowers stress and strengthens mental and emotional health
- 45 hours of tuition (3 hours a day, 5 days a week)
- Pair this class with one of our exciting Elective subjects
All of our students are housed in the University halls of residence, in an area exclusive to ISSOS, where the student groups are divided by gender and also by age range. Each student will be allocated a shared or single room. The majority of rooms in our accommodation are shared, but any students who require a single, or shared, room for medical reasons will be given priority when we allocate rooms. All students in shared rooms will be sharing with someone of the same age and gender. Their roommate will be of a different nationality to them and they will not be sharing with someone they already know.
Students choose one academic subject, which they will pair with one of our elective classes, to focus on for the 3 weeks at ISSOS. All academic classes meet for 3 hours each weekday morning and are taught by our highly qualified team of teaching staff who are all experienced, working professionals in their subject areas.
During their three weeks at our campuses, outside of their classes, we provide an action packed and fun filled programme of events and immerse our students in the UK and USA's rich and unique culture and introduce them to some of its best-loved landmarks, towns and cities.