Bucksmore Young Leaders is a flagship leadership course ideal for ambitious students looking for a challenging summer experience, taking place at prestigious boarding school, Tonbridge School.
Developing confidence in their leadership skills as well as in themselves, students learn from guest speakers from leading brands and participate in academic workshops at iconic locations. A range of learning techniques are used throughout the course including weekly projects, interactive lectures, case studies, workshops and leadership lessons.
Based around the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the United Nations in 2015, this course will help students to develop key 21st century leadership skills whilst tackling issues that are increasingly important to modern teenagers, through creative projects and local action.
Each weekly theme is based on an SDG:
- Goal 13. Climate Action
- Goal 4. Quality Education
- Goal 3. Health and Well-being
- Goal 1. No Poverty (and Goal 10. Reduced inequality)
- Goal 16. Peace, justice and strong institutions
Tonbridge School is one of the most exclusive schools in the UK and is a member of the elite ‘Eton Group’ association of independent colleges. The prestigious school enjoys stunning grounds and high-quality teaching facilities, providing a world-class learning environment for our future leaders of their generation.
- Age: 14-17
- minimum language level: B1 (intermediate) required
- Class size: 11
- weekly excursions: 2 full-day
- Exam: Students present a small-group project at the end of each week
- Certificate: Personalised report card & certificate & University certification
- Hours per week: 28
- Tuition content: Leadership skills with English language
- Tuition and class materials
- Extracurricular programme including excursions
- airport transfer
- personalised report card & certificate
Full-board accommodation is provided
The social programme is an important part of any summer school experience and is great way for students to socialise and practise their English with each other. Organised by a dedicated Activity Manager, each week students will have two full day excursions to destinations across the UK, plus an on-site activity programme.