Oxford Royale Academy
Oxford Royale Academy is one of Oxford’s best known summer schools, offering students from all over the world a truly authentic taste of student life at some of Oxford’s finest colleges. Boasting an outstanding academic faculty that consists of expert academics from Oxford, Cambridge and other top UK or US universities, academic progress is at the heart of Oxford Royale Academy’s mission. In addition to core classes, students also benefit from guest lectures from world-renowned thought-leaders, such as Baroness Shami Chakrabarti, Professor Richard Dawkins and Sir Ranulph Fiennes OBE. Students live, dine and study in some of Oxford’s most prestigious colleges, experiencing life as Oxford undergraduates and enjoying all that Oxford has to offer.
Despite its focus on academia, Oxford Royale doesn’t neglect the fun side of summer school: outside of class, students enjoy a well-rounded extracurricular experience including local excursions and events. It is possibly Oxford’s most international summer school, hosting students from more than 150 nations each year and thereby offering a truly international summer school experience.
- Study with expert academics from top universities
- Enjoy guest lectures from world-class speakers
- Experience an authentic taste of Oxford university college life
- Study with students from all over the world in a truly global classroom
- More than 20 hours of tuition every week
- Accomodation at a top university or boarding school
- Classes and tuition (Minimum taught hours per week: 16 for ages 8-12, 20 for ages 13-18, 15 for ages 19+)
- Guest lectures by academic speakers
- Personalised academic reports and graduation certificate
- Meals in the dining hall of your college or school, every day of your programme (Meals provided: breakfast, lunch and dinner for ages 8-12 and 13-15; breakfast and dinner for ages 16-18 and 19+)
- Free WiFi (subject to availability)
- Daily updates for parents and family on the ORA campus blogs
- Welcome and graduation events (parents invited to attend virtually)
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Airport transfer service
- Single or twin rooms at top universities or boarding schools
- Breakfast and dinner included
watch the video
Reviews & Testimonials
I had such an amazing time at ORA! It made me a more confident person and was an amazing opportunity to meet lots of people from all across the world! The support from counsellors was great and i felt comfortable talking to them, they were so friendly and welcoming. I would 100% recommend this experience to anyone who has the opportunity to do it, i will remember it forever and keep in contact with all of the friends i made there!
I went to Oxford not really sure what to expect from the program... It all felt too good to be true... All the promotional videos I had watched and all the reviews I had read weren't enough to paint a picture of what it was like to spend 2 weeks in Oxford studying what I liked with people from all over the world. But as soon as I arrived to my college I had people right outside the campus ready to help me!! It was unreal!! I couldn't have asked for better staff, teachers, program and even food!
This program's academic depth and outstanding flexibility provided me with invaluble skills on each subject; and, most importantly, it gave me the confidence to make the choice to pursue a liberal degree--in social sciences and the humanities--rather than a scientific degree. The professors were amazing and their guidance was invaluable.
ORA was one of the best experiences in my life! I did the business and enterprise course 16-18. I met incredible people and made great memories that I will forever cherish.
Pros / Cons
- Exceptional tutoring from qualified academics
- Genuine taste of Oxford University life
- A truly international student body
People didn't like...
- Some students didn't enjoy UK food
- One of the most expensive summer schools
Choose this provider if....
Choose Oxford Royale Academy for your Oxford Summer School this year if you want a truly premium academic summer experience, studying with top academic faculty members while living in outstanding academic venues.
Founded in 2004, Oxford Royale is one of the oldest and most well reputed summer schools, accredited by the British Council, British Accreditation Council and more accrediting bodies. Twice winner of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise and having won other prestigious education awards, parents can send their children to Oxford Royale in the confidence that they will receive a safe and academically enriching summer.
Gold Standard Provider
- Year founded: 2004
- No. Students: 4000
- Accommodation: University College
- Age Range: 8-25
- Hours of Tuition / wk: 20 / week
- Typical Duration: 2 weeks
Dates & Fees
- Fees from: £5595
- Dates: June - August
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Age Range: 8-25