This course is aimed at introducing students to what is required to enter a British or American university and how to achieve the best academic results. Module 1 focuses on how students can best prepare for university and module 2 focuses on providing students with an introduction to some of the study techniques and academic skills required to be an effective student. The sessions take place over five hours on two afternoons per week and the following outline is a sample of what may be covered in this option.
Classes take place in the teaching buildings on campus, which is a 5 minute walk from the residence. All meals are taken in a modern café on site. A packed lunch or meal ticket will be provided for full day excursions.
- Live and study in Oxford Brookes' modern university campus
- Enjoy tuition with experienced tutors
- Take part in a range of sports and cultural activities, including 3 half-day and 2 full-day excursions
- Experience the sites and sounds of Oxford, just 20 minutes away by bus
- 20 lessons (16.7 hours) each week from qualified teachers
- Residential accommodation on university and independent school campuses
- All meals, with a healthy and varied menu
- 24-hour care, supervision, and support
- At least 2 full-day and 1 half-day excursion per week
- A daytime and evening programme of social activities, sports, local visits, and sightseeing
- Option to take part in additional language or sport English Plus Options
- Airport transfers (supplements apply)
- All course materials and a leaving certificate
St Giles Oxford is based on the beautiful, green and modern campus of Oxford Brookes University. Based at one of the UK's leading modern campuses, St Giles Oxford junior centre offers high standards of accommodation, leisure and teaching facilities. This is a safe and secure campus, with plenty of green outdoor space to relax and enjoy our exciting social programme. The classrooms, student houses and leisure/dining facilities are all within walking distance from each other, and are located just a 20-minute bus ride from the centre of Oxford.
At St Giles Oxford Juniors, students have the option to personalise their course on arrival by adding one of three English Plus language options: University Studies Taster, Exam Skills or Performing Arts - all available at no extra cost.
Two full-day and three half-day excursions per week. Full-day excursions include London, Stratford Upon Avon, and Bath. Half-day excursions include local museums, punting on the river, and Oxford University College visits. A full and varied afternoon and evening activity programme is organised which will include a choice of sports as well as other activities such as movie nights, talent shows, karaoke night, student discos and quizzes.