Ever read an opening chapter of a book and found it impossible to put down? You’ll soon be crafting those same gripping paragraphs, by learning the methods and principles that all epic writers employ. You’ll learn how to craft a compelling story, adding details for atmospheric value and how to hook your reader through every chapter. Or we’ll delve into poetry, exploring metre, rhyme and how to add sensory details to paint a vivid picture.
- Tutorials with qualified academics
- Live at a historic academic setting
- Enjoy social activities and day trips
- Benefit from small class sizes with engaging, expert tutors.
- All teaching, including tutorials (1 or 2 students per tutor), small group seminars (8 students or less) and skills development workshops
- Accommodation and breakfast every day
- All evening meals including those at local restaurants
- A graduation ceremony
- All programmed visits and excursions
- Airport transfers (UK courses only and conditions apply)
- Access to Oxford Summer Courses Foundations
You will be staying in single or twin room college accommodation, occupied by students during term time, located within a mile of the centre. Your accommodation will be ideally located to explore all the best areas of the city, from its oldest colleges to its lovely cafes. Ensuite rooms may be available at some locations.
Learn the Oxford way with tutorial-style teaching. Your expert tutor will foster self-directed learning and critical thinking through interactive seminars in small groups (no bigger than 8). During your course, you will complete two pieces of independent work (essays or problem sheets), which your tutor will then evaluate in either a 1:1 or 2:1 tutorial. Tutorials will provide you with the opportunity to discuss your work and feedback with your tutor and learn new perspectives from your classmates. On completion of the course, you'll receive a certificate and letter of recommendation from your tutor.
It’s all about balance. Study with us at Cambridge and we’ll help you embrace everything the city has to offer – from socialising with new friends with shared interests to field trips and excursions for practical lessons you just can’t learn from a textbook. We understand students. We make sure you’re stimulated with a social calendar that packs it all in, from traditional guided tours of the University museums to a tranquil afternoon punting on the River Cam.