Ever read an opening chapter of a book and found it impossible to put down? You’ll soon be crafting those same gripping paragraphs, by learning the methods and principles that all epic writers employ. You’ll learn how to craft a compelling story, adding details for atmospheric value and how to hook your reader through every chapter. Or we’ll delve into poetry, exploring metre, rhyme and how to add sensory details to paint a vivid picture.
- Tutorials with qualified academics
- Live at a historic academic setting
- Enjoy social activities and day trips
- Benefit from small class sizes with engaging, expert tutors.
- All teaching, including tutorials (1 or 2 students per tutor), small group seminars (8 students or less) and skills development workshops
- Accommodation and breakfast every day
- All evening meals including those at local restaurants
- A graduation ceremony
- All programmed visits and excursions
- Airport transfers (UK courses only and conditions apply)
- Access to Oxford Summer Courses Foundations
When you apply to study at our Cambridge Summer School with Oxford Summer Courses, you'll have the choice of staying in a standard room (shared bathroom) or an en-suite room (private bathroom), depending on availability. Our expert team will assign you to one of the prestigious Cambridge colleges where our Cambridge Summer Schools are hosted. Additionally, common spaces are available at all sites, providing you with a place to socialise and relax.
Learn the Oxford way with tutorial-style teaching. Your expert tutor will foster self-directed learning and critical thinking through interactive seminars in small groups (no bigger than 8). During your course, you will complete two pieces of independent work (essays or problem sheets), which your tutor will then evaluate in either a 1:1 or 2:1 tutorial. Tutorials will provide you with the opportunity to discuss your work and feedback with your tutor and learn new perspectives from your classmates. On completion of the course, you'll receive a certificate and letter of recommendation from your tutor.