Students on the Cambridge Prep attend one or two Sessions and choose one course per Session. Popular courses include Engineering, Medicine, International Espionage, WWII, and Psychology.
The Cambridge Prep is based at Peterhouse, the oldest college in Cambridge.
- Breakfast in Hall
- classes on topics as diverse as Studio Art or Business and Finance meet in classrooms, labs, studios, or out and about in Cambridge
- students can choose to have lunch at any local restaurants or sandwich shops in town
- three afternoons a week, classes meet again. When there is no class, they are free to join in organized activities or trips and tours in and around Cambridge
- dinner in Hall
- evening activities, events, or shows
- Access to cultural sites and local events
- extracurricular activities, workshops, and event offerings
- continuous support
- on-site staff of experienced professionals
- local meals
In Cambridge, students live in rooms that are occupied by undergraduates during the year. Students are housed in singles or doubles. Students can request a private bathroom (for a fee), on a first-come, first-served basis.
In this course, students discover the role that health bodies, governments, and pharmaceutical corporations play in monitoring, assessing, and responding to public health challenges. Using case studies, students learn how well or how poorly public health agencies are addressing things like rising cases of diabetes, drug availability, and outbreaks of diseases like AIDS, malaria, Ebola, and, of course, COVID-19. Students will also examine the public health challenges raised by natural disasters and climate change. Students learn about the different career possibilities in the field and the skills required to excel.
Every class is designed to use Cambridge as a teaching tool. When not in class, students have access to a full range of optional activities designed to help them discover Cambridge and immerse themselves in English life. They can go on tours of local sights, go on field trips, take part in sporting activities.