Through a combination of lectures and seminars, Medicine and Life Sciences will introduce you to key research techniques and new subject content. You will also learn key clinical skills in workshops led by health professionals.
The classroom-based programme is accompanied by hands-on sessions in our labs and workshops, where you will use real equipment and learn a range of relevant practical skills under the supervision of Imperial teaching staff and academic mentors.
- Learn from faculty members at Imperial College London – The Times and Sunday Times University of the Year 2022
- Take your knowledge to the next level through a challenging academic programme that includes lectures, interactive seminars and group projects
- Access professional advice and guidance on applying to study at university in the UK, especially to Imperial College London
- Enjoy social activities alongside students from around the world.
- All tuition
- Course materials, such as building materials, lab supplies and protective equipment
- Use of campus facilities, such as sports hall, classrooms and catering facilities.
- Accommodation and on-site Wi-Fi
- Three meals a day
- Social activities, including travel to and from activities
- Certificate of participation on completion of the Summer School, awarded by Imperial
- Meet-and-greet transfer service at Gatwick and Heathrow airports on the first and final day.
During the Summer School, you will stay in our Prince’s Gardens hall of residence on our South Kensington campus in central London. Staying on-campus means you’ll have the chance to experience life in real student halls, and be just a short walk to classes and a range of other campus facilities.
In part one you will join a learning stream: either engineering, medicine and life sciences, or physics and attend a range of focussed sessions delivered by Imperial academic staff. This will give you a real insight into what it is like to study at university. In part two you will take part in a team project working together with students from other academic streams to solve a real-world challenge. Led by the Imperial Enterprise Lab, the group challenge allows students to understand Imperial’s ethos of entrepreneurship, teamwork and the desire to find practical solutions to real-world issues.
Included in the cost of the Global Summer School is a full schedule of social activities and events, conducted under the supervision of our Pastoral Mentors. During these activities, you will have the chance to meet and socialise with other Global Summer School students from around the world.