Through a carefully planned curriculum developed by expert tutors from world leading universities, you will spend two weeks learning the essentials of modern economic theory, before diving into more advanced topics like trade, fiscal policy, and developmental economics. The economics summer schools will challenge them to explore new ways of thinking, understand complex concepts, and apply their new knowledge as they solve challenging problems.You will be equipped with insights to help decide whether you should pursue studying economics at the university level. You will learn first-year business and political economics topics and develop both your theoretical and practical understanding through an exciting syllabus designed by expert tutors from the world’s leading universities – all taking place in the inspiring surroundings of a Cambridge University college.
- Learn directly from expert academics from world-class universities
- Boost your confidence and develop key attributes in academic skills workshops
- 13 nights accommodation in a central college of the University of Cambridge/Oxford
- Breakfast and dinner in College Hall
- Accommodation in an individual bedroom
- 40 hours of academic sessions from Oxford University and Cambridge University tutors
- Carefully designed study and lecture materials
- Mentor programme and access to support material
- All excursions- including formal dinner at Cambridge/Oxford colleges, punting, croquet
- Comprehensive summer school insurance
- 2 coach excursions including a trip to London
- Graduation ceremony and certificate
- Detailed evaluation written by tutor
- Immerse notebook and pen
- Mentor family photograph
- Free premium membership to UniPrepare's 'Nurture' plan
All participants will be allocated to a college a few weeks before arriving, based on their dates and subject choice.
You will explore novel concepts and share ideas in small groups of like-minded and ambitious peers from around the world. In small class sizes averaging 7 students, you will be guided by expert tutors who have honed their expertise through teaching undergraduate students at world-class universities, including the universities of Cambridge, Oxford, and Harvard. Sample Timetable
Outside of lessons, we are proud to offer a busy and diverse social programme to help you get the most out of your time in Cambridge. This includes activities such as punting on the River Cam, zorb football and a murder mystery night in the college.There are also two excursions during the programme, one day trip to visit Oxford and its constituent colleges, as well as an optional day out in London, seeing the city’s most famous landmarks as well as some free time for shopping. Those who choose not to travel to London are invited to afternoon tea in Cambridge.Activities and excursions are run by our team of friendly mentors – whose main job is to maximise your enjoyment.