By combining the Bucksmore Summer syllabus with specialist workshops, English ‘Plus’ courses take students out of their comfort zone by providing them with the unique experience of promoting their passions and gaining a deeper understanding of a specific subject.
- Develop English language skills and benefit from tuition in an area based around a favourite hobby or interest
- Gain an introduction and deeper understanding of a specialist subject via scheduled weekly workshops
- Realistic determination of English ability using the Bucksmore Assessment
- Immersive cultural experience visiting UK city destinations
- Tuition and class materials
- Extracurricular programme including excursions
- airport transfer
- personalised report card & certificate
Single and twin rooms, ensuite bathrooms
Our pedagogical approach draws from theories of authentic learning that recognize learning is an active process. Authentic learning can be defined as a pedagogical approach that encourages exploration and meaningful discussion between students and teachers based in relevant contexts (National Research Council, 1999). We train our tutors and staff to encourage individual student exploration using real-world examples and case studies. Our curriculum incorporates multicultural concepts and ideas to foster critical thinking, self-reflection, and imagination.
The social programme is an important part of any summer school experience and is great way for students to socialise and practise their English with each other. Organised by a dedicated Activity Manager, each week students will have two full day excursions to destinations across the UK, plus an on-site activity programme.